As a periodontist, Dr. Colfer has specialized in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal diseases as well as performing periodontal plastic surgery. At our practice, we are also leaders in regenerative bone and tissue therapies, cosmetic periodontal procedures, and placement of dental implants.
With her extensive background in periodontology and a strong commitment to continued education, Dr. Colfer is dedicated to providing the latest periodontal treatment for patients.
She has studied three additional years of formal education beyond dental school, with further extensive training in a range of areas. Certified periodontists must meet the rigid requirements of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada (RCDC) through written and oral examinations before RCDC examiners and peers. Only then can a periodontist be certified in Canada. Only certified periodontists can deliver unbiased, evidence-based treatments for your patients.
Here are some of Dr. Colfer’s qualifications to date:
- Graduate from University of Manitoba – Faculty of Dental Hygiene
- Graduate from University of Toronto – Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Graduate from Lake Head University – Bachelor’s Degree
- Graduate from University of British Columbia
- Master’s Degree in Oral Biology (MSc)
- Specialty in Periodontology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada in Periodontology (RCDC)
- Fellow of the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (FCDSBC)
- Past President and Member of the BC Society of Periodontology
- Member of the American Academy of Periodontology
- Past President of the Canadian Academy of Periodontology
- Examiner in Periodontics for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada in Periodontology
- Membership in the Academy of Osseointegration
- Membership in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Accredited with the Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Member of the Institute of Laser Dentistry
- President of the Fraser Valley Dental Society
- Assistant Professor of Periodontology at the University of British Columbia
- Private practice in Periodontology and Implant Dentistry in S. Surrey, BC
- Speaker for the Pacific Alliance of Dental Specialties, Canadian Academy of Periodontology, University of BC and Various Dental/Hygiene Societies