The global dental implant and prosthetic market is expected to grow from USD 8,879 million in 2017 to USD 14,490 million in 2024 at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period. The key factors driving the growth of the market include increasing incidences of dental diseases, growing geriatric population, and increasing awareness and concerns about oral diseases. Moreover, technological advancements in dental implantation and growing demand for cosmetic dentistry are further propelling the market growth. However, high cost of dental implantation may inhibit the market growth.
Tooth loss is a very common problem; therefore, dentistry employs the use of dental implants to provide support for replacement of damaged teeth and missing teeth. Researches on dental implant designs, dental materials, and new techniques have increased in the past few years and expected to become more popular in the coming years, due to growing demand for cosmetic dentistry. Healthcare researchers recently have turned to nanotechnology to target therapeutics to specific locations to develop better biomaterials, surface modification, and implant design.
Nanotechnology can create the surface with controlled topography and develop novel implant surface with predictable tissue-integrative properties. The technology has made it possible to coat the dental implant with a thin film of calcium phosphate; it provides helps in the attachment of the bone with the implanted teeth, and faster healing after the dental implant surgery.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Global Dental Implant and Prosthetic Market Outlook, Trend and Opportunity Analysis, Competitive Insights, Actionable Segmentation & Forecast 2024” at: https://www.energiasmarketresearch.com/global-dental-implant-prosthetic-market-report/
Global Dental Implant and Prosthetic Market– Regional Insight
Europe held the maximum share of the global market in 2017, owing to growing number of geriatric population affected by dental problems, and greater product availability in this region. North America held the second largest market share of the global market, owing to growing demand for cosmetic dentistry, and increasing investment in research and development activities. Asia-Pacific is expected to register significant growth in this market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to a large demographic of population suffering from dental problems, growing adoption of CAD/CAM abutments, and growing consumer awareness. Moreover, the emerging economies, such as India, China, Malaysia, and Indonesia offer a promising market for investments into the dental and prosthetic sector.
Key findings from the report:
- On the basis of market type, the dental implant segment held major share of the market in 2017, and is expected to witness high growth rate during the forecast period
- Based on material segment, the titanium implant segment held major share of the market in 2017, owing to the widely used material for fabrication of dental implantation, and high biocompatibility as it has high bone bonding ability
- Based on procedure type, the root-form dental implants segment held major share of the market in 2017, and is expected to grow at the faster growth rate during the forecast period
- On the basis of dental prosthetics, the bridge and crown segment held the major market share in 2017, and is expected to grow with a significant CAGR during the forecast period. The large share of this segment is attributed to the bridge, that can replace one and more missing teeth, and crown which can be widely used to improve teeth appearance, shape and alignment.
- Geographically, Europe has witnessed to hold the maximum share of the global market. The growth is attributed in this region due to increasing incidence of dental problems, and increasing demand for cosmetic dentistry.
- Some of the key companies operating in the market include Nobel Biocare Services AG; AVINENT Implant System; Danaher Corporation; Thommen Medical AG; Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.; Henry Schein, Inc.; Dentsply Sirona Inc.; Osstem Implant Co Ltd.; Straumann Holding AG; Shofu Dental Corporation; Merz Dental GmbH; 3M Company; OSSTEM IMPLANT.CO., LTD., and among others
By Market Type
- Dental Prosthetic
- Dental Implant
- Zirconium Implant
- Titanium Implant
- By Connector
- Internal Hexagonal Connectors
- Internal Octagonal Connectors
- External Hexagonal Connectors
- By Stage
- Single-stage Procedures
- Two-stage Procedures
- By Connector
By Procedure Type
- Plate-Form Dental Implants
- Root-Form Dental Implants
By Dental Prosthetics
- Bridges and Crowns
- Automotive Fuel Cells Market Outlook, Trend and Opportunity Analysis, Competitive Insights, Actionable Segmentation & Forecast 2023
- Global Connected Cars Market Outlook, Trend and Opportunity Analysis, Competitive Insights, Actionable Segmentation & Forecast 2023
- Global Returnable Transport Assets Management System Market Outlook, Trend and Opportunity Analysis, Competitive Insights, Actionable Segmentation & Forecast 2023
- Global Terminal Automation Market Outlook, Trend and Opportunity Analysis, Competitive Insights, Actionable Segmentation & Forecast 2023
About Energias Market Research Pvt. Ltd.–
Energias Market Research Pvt. Ltd. publishes high quality reports, in-depth market research studies, to help clients obtain investment level clarity on current business scenario, trends and segmentation for their future developments. We are committed to our client’s needs, by providing high quality custom reports solutions best fit for strategy development and implementation to high return of invest (RoI).
With a wide range of expertise from various industrial sectors and more than 50 industries that includes energy, chemical and materials, information and communication technology, semiconductor and electronics industries, healthcare and daily consumer goods, etc. We strive to provide our clients with a one-stop solution for all research and consulting needs.